Friday, August 12, 2011

Beautiful Mourning



Camera App:
Hipstamatic + Melodie lens + Dream Canvas film


Additional Apps used:
Artista Oil - to create an oil painting layer.
Grungetastic - to create a b/w grunge layer.
iCameraHDR- to create a HDR layer from the oil layer and the grunge layer. 
Dynamic Light - to create the sephia effect and enhance contrast.
FilterStorm - to darken the sephia picture and to add a 25% black frame.
TouchRetouch - to remove some white spots.
A+ Signature - to add my copyright watermark.


This picture is based on one of the Hipstamatic photos that I made on yesterdays photo walk through Luxembourg City. I ended my walk at the Limpersberg cemetery where I discovered some very interesting sculptures on huge family graves. This sculpture is part of such a grave. I borrowed the title for my picture from one of my favorite Heavy Metal bands "Machine Head" who got a great song with the same title "Beautiful Mourning":
...
This lifetime in sorrow
God let the angels die
This is our last goodbye
In love and death we cry
Our last goodbye 

...

No comments:

Post a Comment